Friday, April 12, 2013

My best blind date.

I´m back...sorry I was resting at the beach hehe...and I wast able to blog...I had a wonderful time, with my friends, but now I´m back in the city, and back in reality...god I love holidays.
Today I will talk you about my best blind date...First of all lets be honest, blinds date are awful, or at least that´s my opinion. You don´t know the guy, but your friends, boss, sister, cousin, mother, etc say that this person was the perfect match for you...and being a hopeless romantic you cant say no. When they arrived to pick you up, you are all nervous, and don't know what to expect, but you hope that prince charming is down stairs...and he turns out to be everything you dislike in someone, or sometimes they are pretty nice guys but not your perfect match...and that makes your self think...what my friends, boss, sister, cousin and mother thinks about me that they believe that this person was my other half.
Well, I learn to lower my expectations in blind dates...and then I have the best blind dates of all my life...(I guess is true, when you stop looking, good things will come your way). His name is Carlos, I expected someone Latin, you know, big and with black hair, because of the name, and he was the opposite, he was really short, but that was okey, I´m really short my self. He had planned the hole date, we went to a bar, but not any bar...it was a Speakeasy bar (secret bar), (Franks bar, if you came to Buenos Aires you have to go)...like in the Chicago and New York during the 1920s. There is only a small sign over the door saying "Franks"...yeah I thought Carlos took me there, to kill me...when I was starting to get really afraid, he told me, that this was a secret bar, and that he had made a reservation, that I shouldn´t be afraid...I decided to trust him...
when we finally arrived at the door, he gave the password to the doorman (it changes every day, that they was I love yellow), and he told us, that we had to entry a hall where there was a phone booth at the end, and, there we have to enter a code (that the doorman gave us 2,3,4,5)...and the rear of the phone booth turned into the door to the club...I was so mysterious and fun at the same time. The bar inside was really nice, It had a french kind of look, and the drinks were great, the only thing, that it was a little bit awkward for a first date was that there was a "tasteful" sex shop in side the bar...yeah...awkward.
But the date was a blast, he was really cool, and funny, and he clearly thought of a way to impress me,I could believe I never knew about this bar, all the mystery around it make the date even more interested. (If some of you are from Argentina, you should check it out.).
I went out with Carlos two more times...I didn´t work, but I will always remember him, he was the best and most fun blind date I ever had.


No comments:

Post a Comment